In loss to Vikings, Patriots’ Hunter Henry contests TD

MINNESOTA New England Patriots tight end Hunter HenryInstant replay on Thursday night overturned a 6-yard touchdown reception by Corey in the third quarter. This was a decision that left him confused after a 33-26 loss. Minnesota Vikings U.S. Bank Stadium

Henry stated late Thursday night that he believed he had caught it in the Patriots' locker area. “He said it hit ground. My hand was underneath the ball, I think. It was my hand that was underneath the ball.

“They made the call. It's up to you to accept it.

The third-and-goal play is at the 6-yard line. Mac Jones Henry received a pass from Henry near the goal line, which was stopped by the Vikings' defensive back. Chandon Sullivan. Henry reached for the ball with both hands as he ran toward the goal line.

Initial officials ruled it touchdown. However, after lengthy review, they changed their mind and called for an incomplete pass.

A touchdown would have given Patriots an advantage of 30 to 23 in the third quarter. This was assuming that the point-after attempt succeeded. They settled on a 25-yard field goal. Nick Folk. The Vikings scored the final 10 points.

Walt Anderson, NFL vice-president of officiating explained the overturned call to a pool reporter, “He was going towards the ground, the balls ended up touching ground, and then, he lost control of his ball in his hands.”

Anderson answered the question, “Because he's going down to the ground. He must maintain control of it upon contact with the ground.” “Surviving the Ground” is the term used most often. He has control and two feet, but he must keep control of the ball as he goes to the ground.

While the replay was being completed, Kevin O'Connell, Vikings coach, said that he believed it would be ruled either a catch just short the goal line or an incomplete play.

“I think it could have gone many different directions. “I was very happy that it went as it did,” he stated.

Anderson claimed Henry had two hands with the ball but Henry said it wasn't enough.

He said, “If he had held the ball with both hands, even if it touched the ground, that would still have been a catch.”

Henry, who was in his seventh NFL season had seen only the replay while watching the game on the scoreboard at U.S. Bank Stadium. Henry said that he was going to look at the replay in the film room after Thursday's game and “just try to be better and manage the ball all the time so there's no question.”

The Patriots still had chances after the ruling, but were doomed by self-inflicted wounds, such as a running-into-the-kicker penalty in the fourth quarter that turned a punt into an eventual Vikings touchdown.

“We must move on from that.” [overturned] Continue playing the game. Jones stated that there was still plenty of time. “There were other times that we could have put it in and that wouldn’t have been an problem. One call won't change the outcome. It's impossible to achieve better results.

Leave a Comment