The NFL draft is now in the rearview mirror. This means that the countdown to the 2022 season has begun fantasy footballThe season officially began. The first mock draft was held by the ESPN Fantasy staff to mark this occasion.
This is a 10-team PPR format with the following participants (in alphabetical order): Matt Bowen; Tristan H. Cockcroft; Keith Lipscomb; Matthew Berry, Field Yates. Stephania Bell. Eric Karabell. Mike Clay. Daniel Dopp. Eric Moody.
Below you'll find round-by -round picks as well as brief Moody takeaways. We have also included a list of each team's roster at the bottom. Further analysis of the mock is available from Berry Yates, Bell, Dopp and Bell. Fantasy Focus Football podcast.
1. Jonathan Taylor, Ind. (RB1) — Bowen
2. Christian McCaffrey, Car (RB2) — Cockcroft
3. Austin EkelerLipscomb
4. Cooper Kupp, LAR (WR1) – Berry
5. Derrick Henry, Ten — Yates
6. Justin JeffersonMin (WR2) — Bell
7. Najee Harris, Pit (RB5) — Karabell
8. Ja'Marr Chase, Cin WR3 — Clay
9. Dalvin Cook, Min. (RB6) — Dopp
10. Joe Mixon, Cin (RB7) – Moody
Moody's analysis:Fantasy managers should be thrilled by the prospect of Mixon and Cook being selected in the second round. Mixon is a fantasy running back who is often overlooked. Mixon averaged 20.9 touches and 95.0 yards per game last season. He also scored 18.1 fantasy points per match. An improved Bengals offensive team will give him a good chance of achieving those numbers again in 2022. Cook has had a steady workload for the past three seasons and averaged 20.7 points per match. Produce is not the issue, but health is. Cook missed four games last year and has missed at most two of his five seasons in the league.
11. Davante Adams, LV (WR4) – Moody
12. Stefon Diggs, Buf (WR5) — Dopp
13. Deebo Samuel, SF (WR6) — Clay
14. Alvin Kamara, NO (RB8) — Karabell
15. Javonte Williams, Den (RB9) — Bell
16. Leonard Fournette, TB (RB10) — Yates
17. D'Andre Swift, Det (RB11) — Berry
18. Tyreek Hill, Mia (WR7) — Lipscomb
19. CeeDee Lamb, Dal (WR8) — Cockcroft
20. Tee Higgins, Cin (WR9) — Bowen
Moody's analysis:Adams may not be in Green Bay anymore, but he could still catch a lot of targets from his former college teammate in 2022 Derek Carr. Over the last four seasons, Adams averaged 10.8 goals per game. Kamara being in the second round of the draft is a good value from a fantasy perspective. arrest. Kamara averaged 17.6 points and 21.1 points per games over his career.
21. Aaron Jones, GB (RB12), Bowen
22. Travis Kelce, KC TE1 — Cockcroft
23. Cam AkersLipscomb
24. James ConnerAri (RB14), Berry
25. Mark Andrews, Bal (TE2) – Yates
26. Nick ChubbBell
27. Keenan Allen, LAC (WR10) — Karabell
28. David Montgomery, Chi (RB16) — Clay
29. Mike Evans, TB (WR11), Dopp
30. A.J. Brown, Phi (WR12), — Moody
Moody's analysis:The demand for fantasy-relevant runningbacks is rare in today's world. Consider their opportunity shares (rushing attempts plus goals) last season. James Conner (25%), Nick Chubb(33% and David MontgomeryExcellent values at 36% In 2022, all three should be able to continue leading their respective backfields. Some might consider Jones' selection a stretch. AJ Dillon‘s breakout. Jones and Dillon could become more versatile receivers in 2022, given the current state of the Packers' wide receivers.
31. Josh Allen, Buf (QB1) — Moody
32. Antonio Gibson, Wsh (RB17) — Dopp
33. Saquon BarkleyClay
34. DJ MooreKarabell, Car (WR13).
35. Michael Pittman Jr., Bell (WR14)
36. Terry McLaurin, Wsh WR15 — Yates
37. Chris Godwin, TB (WR16), Berry
38. Diontae Johnson, Pit (WR17), Lipscomb
39. Jaylen Waddle, Mia (WR18), — Cockcroft
40. DK Metcalf, Sea (WR19), Bowen
Moody's analysis:Pittman won the target share of 25.7% last season. With Matt RyanBarkley could be a career-high holder and a low-end WR1 at the helm of this season. Barkley's 2021 season was not a good one, but he looks poised to rebound. He wasn't his best film last season. Many running backs suffer a drop in production the first year after an ACL tear. This is a great pick.
41. Jerry Jeudy, Den (WR20), Bowen
42. J.K. Dobbins, Bal (RB19), Cockcroft
43. Amon-Ra St. Brown, Det. (WR21), Lipscomb
44. Kyle PittsAtl (TE3) — Berry
45. Amari Cooper, Cle (WR22), — Yates
46. Elijah Mitchell, SF (RB20), Bell
47. Ezekiel Elliott, Dal (RB21), Karabell
48. Breece HallClay
49. Darnell MooneyDoppler: Chi (WR23)
50. George Kittle, SF – Moody
Moody's analysis:Pitts was a good pick at this stage. His 949 yards receiving last season was second-most among rookie tight ends. He's a lock to catch 100 or more targets in 2022. He is not as explosive as his counterparts. Tony PollardElliott averaged 16.8 carries per game last season in a dynamic Cowboys offensive. Zeke was selected at this stage in the draft. This should not be taken as a complaint.
51. Josh Jacobs, LV – Moody
52. Darren Waller, LV – Dopp
53. Brandin Cooks, Hou WR24 — Clay
54. Michael Thomas, NO(WR25) — Karabell
55. T.J. Hockenson, Det (TE6) — Bell
56. Hunter Renfrow, LV (WR26), Yates
57. Marquise BrownAri (WR27), Berry
58. Dallas Goedert, Phi (TE7) — Lipscomb
59. Travis Etienne Jr., Jax (RB24), — Cockcroft
60. Drake London, Atl. (WR28) — Bowen
Moody's analysis:Cooks had a career-high 90 receptions for 2021. He also has 171 catches with the Texans in his two seasons, which is tied for seventh in franchise history. He has averaged 15 fantasy points per game in that time period. Don't overlook Cooks when drafting.
61. Miles Sanders, Phi (RB25) — Bowen
62. Patrick Mahomes, KC (QB2) – Cockcroft
63. Justin HerbertLipscomb
64. Tom Brady, TB — Berry
65. Lamar Jackson, Bal (QB5) — Yates
66. Mike WilliamsBell
67. Clyde Edwards-Helaire, KC (RB26), Karabell
68. Dalton Schultz, Dal (TE8) — Clay
69. Jalen Hurts, Phi (QB6) — Dopp
70. AJ Dillon, GB (RB27), — Moody
Moody's analysis:Dillon could be a good choice as the third running back or a flex option for your team in 2022. He averaged 14.6 points and 15.9 touches per week from Weeks 9-18 of last season. Dillon and Jones will likely share touches this season.
71. Courtland Sutton, Den (WR30), — Moody
72. Cordarrelle PattersonDoppler, atl (RB28),
73. Kyler MurrayAri (QB7) — Clay
74. Tyler Lockett, Sea (WR31), Karabell
75. Dak Prescott, Dal (QB8) – Bell
76. Damien Harris, NE (RB29), Yates
77. Rashod Bateman, Bal (WR32), Berry
78. JuJu Smith-SchusterKC (WR33), Lipscomb
79. Elijah Moore, NYJ (WR34), Cockcroft
80. Gabriel Davis, Buf (WR35) — Bowen
Moody's analysis:While there were many outstanding picks at wide receiver, I was most impressed by Bateman. Marquise BrownThe departure of the Arizona CardinalsBateman should inherit a nearly 25% target share of the offense.
81. Joe Burrow, Cin (QB9) — Bowen
82. Kareem Hunt, Cle – Cockcroft (RB30).
83. Devin Singletary, Buf (RB31) — Lipscomb
84. Rashaad Penny, Sea (RB32), – Berry
85. DeVonta Smith, Phi WR36 — Yates
86. Chris Olave, NO(WR37) — Bell
87. Tony Pollard, Dal (RB33), Karabell
88. Treylon BurksClay, Ten (WR38).
89. Allen Robinson II, LAR(WR39) — Dopp
90. Chase Edmonds, Mia RB34 — Moody
Moody's analysis:Olave can be drafted at a great price. He could end this season with more targets or receiving yards. Michael Thomas. Olave has the potential to be a flexible option for fantasy managers because of his combination speed, ball skills, and route running.
91. DeAndre Hopkins, Ari (WR40), — Moody
92. Chase ClaypoolPit (WR41) — Dopp
93. Garrett WilsonClay,, NYJ (WR42).
94. Adam Thielen, Min (WR43), Karabell
95. Michael CarterBell, NYJ (RB35),.
96. Robert Woods, Ten (WR44), — Yates
97. Ken Walker III, Sea (RB36), – Berry
98. Ronald Jones II, KC – Lipscomb
99. James Cook, Buf (RB38) — Cockcroft
100. Brandon Aiyuk, SF – Bowen
Moody's analysis:Hopkins is out for six games due to MCL and hamstring injuries. He could be a great addition to your team, but you will have him on your bench the entire time. Hopkins missed seven games last season with hamstring and MCL injuries. But he still reached the end zone eight out of 10 times. Hopkins is still active Kyler MurrayAveraged 25 points per game with Hopkins, but only 19 without him. Hopkins will undoubtedly be heavily involved when he returns.
101. Dameon Pierce, Hou (RB39), Bowen
102. Kadarius ToneyCockcroft, NYG. (WR46)
103. Michael Gallup, Dal (WR47), Lipscomb
104. Allen Lazard, GB (WR48), Berry
105. James Robinson, Jax RB40 — Yates
106. Rhamondre Stevenson, NE – Bell
107. Aaron Rodgers, GB (QB10) — Karabell
108. Christian KirkClay
109. Skyy MooreKC (WR50), Dopp
110. Melvin Gordon III, Den (RB42) — Moody
111. Jakobi Meyers, NE (WR51), — Moody
112. Christian Watson, GB (WR52), — Dopp
113. Raheem Mostert, Mia (RB43), Clay
114. Zach Ertz, Ari (TE9) — Karabell
115. Mecole Hardman, KC (WR53), Bell
116. Russell Gage, TB – Yates
117. Alec Pierce, Ind (WR55), — Berry
118. Alexander MattisonMin (RB44) — Lipscomb
119. Jahan Dotson, Wsh WR56 — Cockcroft
120. Nyheim Hines, Ind. (RB45). — Bowen
121. Jameson Williams, Det (WR57), Bowen
122. Trey Lance, SF (QB11), Cockcroft
123. Russell Wilson, Den (QB12) — Lipscomb
124. Jamaal Williams, Det (RB46) — Berry
125. Odell Beckham Jr., FA WR58 — Yates
126. Irv Smith Jr., Min (TE10) — Bell
127. J.D. McKissic, Wsh (RB47) — Karabell
128. Deshaun WatsonClay,, Cle (QB13).
129. Marlon Mack, Hou (RB48), — Dopp
130. Dawson Knox, Buf (TE11) — Moody
131. Rondale MooreAri (WR59), — Moody
132. Isaiah Spiller, LAC – Dopp
133. Pat FreiermuthPit (TE12), Clay
134. Tyler Boyd, Cin (WR60), Karabell
135. Darrell Henderson Jr., LAR(RB50) — Bell
136. Marquez Valdes-Scantling, KC – Yates
137. Bills D/ST, Buf (D/ST1) — Berry
138. DeVante Parker, NE – Lipscomb
139. Mike GesickiMia (TE13). — Cockcroft
140. Hunter HenryNE (TE14), Bowen
141. Saints D/ST and NO (D/ST2) — Bowen
142. Justin Tucker, Bal (K1) — Cockcroft
143. Evan McPherson, Cin (K2) — Lipscomb
144. Matt Gay, LAR (K3) — Berry
145. Buccaneers D/ST, TB (D/ST3) — Yates
146. 49ers D/ST and SF (D/ST4) — Bell
147. Karabell – Packers D/ST & GB (D/ST5)
148. Ravens D/ST, Bal (D/ST6) — Clay
149. Commanders D/ST Wsh (D/ST7) — Dopp
150. Tyler Bass, Buf (K4) — Moody
151. Colts D/ST and Ind (D/ST8) — Moody
152. Harrison Butker, KC (K5) — Dopp
153. Daniel Carlson, LV (K6) — Clay
154. Nick Folk, NE (K7) — Karabell
155. Brandon McManus, Den (K8) — Bell
156. Matt Prater, Ari (K9) — Yates
157. Eno BenjaminAri (RB51), Berry
158. Cowboys D/ST – Dal (D/ST9) — Lipscomb
159. Patriots D/ST NE (D/ST10) – Cockcroft
160. Chris Naggar, Dal (K10) — Bowen
Each team's roster
The order in which team rosters are presented is the first-round pick order. In parentheses, the pick is indicated as follows: (Round.Pick).
QB1 Joe BurrowCin (Pick 9.1)
RB1 Jonathan Taylor, Ind. (Pick: 1.1)
RB2 Aaron Jones, GB (Pick : 3.1).
RB3 Miles Sanders, Phi (Pick: 7.1)
RB4 Dameon PierceHou, Hou (Pick 11.1)
RB5 Nyheim Hines, Ind. (Pick: 12.10)
WR1 Tee HigginsCin (Pick 2.10)
WR2 DK MetcalfSea (Pick : 4.10)
WR3 Jerry Jeudy, Den (Pick: 5.1)
WR4 Drake LondonAtl (Pick : 6.10)
WR5 Gabriel Davis, Buf (Pick: 8.10)
WR6 Brandon Aiyuk, SF (Pick 10.10)
WR7 Jameson Williams, Det (Pick: 13.1)
TE1 Hunter HenryNE (Pick: 4.10)
K1 Chris NaggarDal, Pick: 16.10
D/ST1Saints D/ST and NO (Pick: 15.1)
QB1 Patrick Mahomes, KC (Pick : 7.2).
QB2 Trey Lance, SF. (Pick: 13.2)
RB1 Christian McCaffrey, Car (Pick-up: 1.2).
RB2 J.K. Dobbins, Bal (Pick : 5.2).
RB3 Travis Etienne Jr., Jax. Pick: 6.9)
RB4 Kareem HuntCle, Cle. (Pick: 9.2)
RB5 James Cook, Buf (Pick: 10.9)
WR1 CeeDee Lamb, Dal (Pick : 2.9).
WR2 Jaylen WaddleMia (Pick : 4.9).
WR3 Elijah MooreNYJ (Pick 8:9)
WR4 Kadarius ToneyNYG (Pick: 11.2)
WR5 Jahan Dotson, Wsh (Pick: 12.9)
TE1 Travis Kelce, KC. (Pick: 3.2).
TE2 Mike GesickiMia (Pick: 14.9).
K1 Justin Tucker, Bal (Pick : 15.2)
D/ST1Patriots D/ST NE (Pick 16.9)
QB1 Justin Herbert, LAC
QB2 Russell Wilson, Den (Pick: 13.3)
RB1 Austin Ekeler, LAC
RB2 Cam Akers, LAR (Pick 3.3)
RB3 Devin Singletary, Buf (Pick: 9.3)
RB4 Ronald Jones II, KC. (Pick: 10.8)
RB5 Alexander MattisonMin (Pick: 12.8)
WR1 Tyreek HillMia (Pick-: 2.8).
WR2 Diontae JohnsonPit (Pick: 4.8)
WR3 Amon-Ra St. Brown, Det (Pick: 5.3)
WR4 JuJu Smith-Schuster, KC (Pick 8.8)
WR5 Michael Gallup, Dal (Pick : 11.3)
WR6 DeVante ParkerNE (Pick, 14.8)
TE1 Dallas Goedert, Phi (Pick: 6.8)
K1 Evan McPhersonCin, Pick: 15.
D/ST1Cowboys D/ST and Dal (Pick: 16.8)
QB1 Tom Brady, TB. (Pick: 7.4)
RB1 D'Andre Swift, Det (Pick: 2.7)
RB2 James ConnerAri (Pick: 3.4)
RB3 Rashaad Penny, Sea (Pick 9.4)
RB4 Ken Walker III, Sea (Pick 10.7)
RB5 Jamaal Williams, Det (Pick: 13.4)
RB6 Eno BenjaminAri (Pick 16.7)
WR1 Cooper Kupp, LAR
WR2 Chris Godwin, TB. (Pick:
WR3 Marquise BrownAri (Pick 6.7).
WR4 Rashod Bateman, Bal (Pick : 8.7)
WR5 Allen Lazard, GB (Pick 11.4)
WR6 Alec Pierce, Ind (Pick 12.7)
TE1 Kyle PittsAtl (Pick : 5.4).
K1 Matt Gay, LAR (Pick 15.4)
D/ST1 Bills D/ST, Buf (Pick: 14.7)
QB1 Lamar Jackson, Bal (Pick : 7.5).
RB1 Derrick Henry, Ten (Pick : 1.5)
RB2 Leonard Fournette, TB. (Pick: 2.6)
RB3 Damien HarrisNE (Pick 8).
RB4 James RobinsonJax, Pick: 11.5)
WR1 Terry McLaurin, Wsh (Pick: 4.6)
WR2 Amari CooperCle, Cle (Pick : 5.5).
WR3 Hunter Renfrow, LV (Pick : 6.6).
WR4 DeVonta Smith, Phi (Pick: 9.5)
WR5 Robert Woods, Ten (Pick 10.6)
WR6 Russell Gage, TB. (Pick: 12.6)
WR7 Odell Beckham Jr., FA. (Pick: 13.5)
WR8 Marquez Valdes-Scantling, KC. (Pick: 14.6)
TE1 Mark Andrews, Bal (Pick : 3.5).
K1 Matt PraterAri (Pick 16.6)
D/ST1 Buccaneers D/ST, TB (Pick: 15.5)
QB1 Dak Prescott, Dal (Pick-8.5)
RB1 Javonte Williams, Den (Pick: 2.5)
RB2 Nick ChubbCle (Pick: 3.6)
RB3 Elijah Mitchell, SF (Pick : 5.6).
RB4 Michael CarterNYJ (Pick 10.5)
RB5 Rhamondre Stevenson, NE (Pick 11.6)
RB6 Darrell Henderson Jr., LAR (Pick 14.5)
WR1 Justin JeffersonMin (Pick : 1.6).
WR2 Michael Pittman Jr., Ind (Pick : 4.5).
WR3 Mike Williams, LAC (Pick 7.6)
WR4 Chris Olave, NO (Pick 9.6)
WR5 Mecole HardmanKC (Pick: 12.5)
TE1 T.J. Hockenson, Det (Pick: 6.5)
TE2 Irv Smith Jr., Min. (Pick: 13.6)
K1 Brandon McManus, Den (Pick: 16.5)
D/ST149ers D/ST, SF. (Pick: 15.6)
QB1 Aaron Rodgers, GB (Pick 11.7)
RB1 Najee HarrisPit (Pick : 1.7).
RB2 Alvin Kamara, NO (Pick : 2.4).
RB3 Ezekiel Elliott, Dal (Pick : 5.7).
RB4 Clyde Edwards-Helaire, KC (Pick 7.7)
RB5 Tony Pollard, Dal (Pick 9.7)
RB6 J.D. McKissic, Wsh (Pick: 13.7)
WR1 Keenan Allen, LAC
WR2 DJ Moore, Car (Pick : 4.4).
WR3 Michael Thomas, NO (Pick-up: 6.4).
WR4 Tyler Lockett, Sea (Pick 8.4)
WR5 Adam ThielenMin (Pick: 10.4)
WR6 Tyler Boyd, Cin (Pick : 14.4)
TE1 Zach ErtzAri (Pick: 12.4)
K1 Nick Folk, NE. (Pick: 16.4)
D/ST1Packers D/ST GB (Pick 15.7)
QB1 Kyler MurrayAri (Pick: 8.3)
QB2 Deshaun WatsonCle, Cle (Pick 13.8)
RB1 David Montgomery, Chi (Pick: 3.8)
RB2 Saquon BarkleyNYG (Pick-up: 4.3).
RB3 Breece HallNYJ (Pick 5.8)
RB4 Raheem MostertMia (Pick 12.3)
WR1 Ja'Marr ChaseCin, Pick: 1.8
WR2 Deebo Samuel, SF (Pick 2.3)
WR3 Brandin Cooks, Hou (Pick : 6.3).
WR4 Treylon Burks, Ten
WR5 Garrett WilsonNYJ (Pick 10.3)
WR6 Christian KirkJax, Pick: 11.8)
TE1 Dalton Schultz, Dal (Pick 7.8)
TE2 Pat FreiermuthPit (Pick 14.3)
K1 Daniel Carlson, LV. (Pick: 16.3)
D/ST1 Ravens D/ST, Bal (Pick: 15.8)
QB1 Jalen Hurts, Phi (Pick: 7.9)
RB1 Dalvin CookMin (Pick : 1.9).
RB2 Antonio Gibson, Wsh (Pick: 4.2)
RB3 Cordarrelle PattersonAtl (Pick: 8.2)
RB4 Marlon Mack, Hou. (Pick: 13.9)
RB5 Isaiah Spiller, LAC (Pick 14.2)
WR1 Stefon Diggs, Buf (Pick: 2.2)
WR2 Mike Evans, TB (Pick : 3.9).
WR3 Darnell Mooney, Chi (Pick: 5.9)
WR4 Allen Robinson II, LAR (Pick 9.9)
WR5 Chase ClaypoolPit (Pick: 10.2)
WR6 Skyy Moore, KC (Pick 11.9)
WR7 Christian Watson, GB. (Pick: 12.2)
TE1 Darren Waller, LV (Pick : 6.2).
K1 Harrison Butker, KC
D/ST1Commanders D/ST Wsh (Pick 15.9)
QB1 Josh Allen, Buf (Pick: 4.1)
RB1 Joe MixonCin, Pick: 1.10)
RB2 Josh Jacobs, LV (Pick : 6.1).
RB3 AJ Dillon, GB. (Pick: 7.10)
RB4 Chase EdmondsMia (Pick: 9.10)
RB5 Melvin Gordon III, Den (Pick: 11.10)
WR1 Davante Adams, LV. Pick: 2.1
WR2 A.J. Brown, Phi (Pick: 3.10)
WR3 Courtland Sutton, Den (Pick: 8.1)
WR4 DeAndre HopkinsAri (Pick 10.1).
WR5 Jakobi Meyers, NE (Pick 12.1)
WR6 Rondale MooreAri (Pick: 14.1)
TE1 George KittleSF (Pick 5.10)
TE2 Dawson Knox, Buf (Pick: 13.10)
K1 Tyler Bass, Buf (Pick: 15.10)
D/ST1Colts D/ST Ind (Pick 16.1)