MINNEAPOLIS‘s , became the seventh trio of teammates to open a game with three straight home runs, starting a barrage of five long balls in 2⅓ innings against ace Thursday night
Arraez began the assault with a 2-2 switchup and hit a tying drive 396ft into the right-field seats. This was his second home run of the season.
Buxton drove his next pitch, a hanging slider 422 deep into left-field's upper deck, for his 14th homer.
Correa failed to throw a pitch and then pulled a cutter 413ft into the left-field lower deck. This was his fourth homer, and a 3-1 lead.
Arizona's previous trio was the first to achieve the feat., Jerad Eickoff in Philadelphia, June 10, 2019
AfterThe score was tied with a second-inning homer by a pair of runners against .
Buxton gave Twins a 6-3 lead with a three run homer on a cutter that Buxton hit, a 370 foot drive to the left and a three-run double.A solo homer was hit by a fastball in third. The ball traveled 441 feet to the second deck in center-center.
Buxton has three games with two homers this season, and six for his career. He also had a three-homer at Toronto on August 27, 2017.
Cole allowed eight hits and took 70 pitches. This was his longest game in big league. In his 11 previous starts, he had only given up six.
Others trios were also able to accomplish the feat, beginning with the first.
• Peralta,Jake Lamb and Max Scherzer at Washington, July 21, 2017.
• Baltimore's Ryan Flaherty, J.J. Hardy and Nick Markakis off Colby Lewis of visiting Texas in a doubleheader opener on May 10, 2012.
• Milwaukee's Rickie Weeks, Hardy and Ryan Braun against Phil Dumatrait at Cincinnati on Sept. 9, 2007.
• Atlanta's Rafael Furcal, Mark DeRosa and Gary Sheffield off Jeff Austin of the visiting Reds on May 28, 2003.
• San Diego's Marvell Wynne, Tony Gwynn and John Kruk against Roger Mason of visiting San Francisco on April 13, 1987.