Round 1 of the 2022 NFL draftLas Vegas will host the event on Thursday, August 8th at 8:15 p.m. ET and Rounds 2–7 will be followed on Friday and Saturday.
With a comprehensive guide for all things draft-related, we have you covered. You don't know when drafts begin or where you can watch them? Scroll down. Scroll down. according to Scouts Inc.? Scroll down. How do you determine the order of each round in draft? Scroll down.
The Jacksonville JaguarsHave the No. There is the No. Our four draft analysts, Mel Kiper Jr. and Todd McShay, Jordan Reid, and Matt Miller, have been working with 32 NFL Nation reporters to assess prospects, team needs, build mock drafts, and finalize prospect rankings for months.
If you scroll down, you will be the most knowledgeable fan of the draft.
In addition to all of the rankings and mock drafts, we have included information from ESPN's Stats & Information, introductions to some of the top draft prospects and a look at ESPN's Draft Day Predictor. You can also find details about our Draft Challenge, where you can make predictions and win prizes.
Let's get started with the basics.
ESPN Draftcast | Best available
Where and when is the draft?
Round 1Thursday, August 8, 2008 at 8:15 p.m. ET (ESPN, ABC, ESPN App, ESPN Radio, ESPN Deportes, NFL Network)
Rounds 2 and 3:Friday at 7:15 p.m. ET (ESPN, ABC, ESPN App, ESPN Radio, ESPN Deportes, NFL Network)
Rounds 4-7Saturday at noon ET (ESPN, ABC simulcast; ESPN App, ESPN Radio and ESPN Deportes),
Las Vegas is hosting the 2022 draft. The 2020 draft was originally scheduled to take place in Vegas, but the league switched to a virtual draft during the pandemic. Among the many players will be onsite is Michigan OT Aidan Hutchinson, Ohio State WR Chris OlaveOT State of NC Ikem Ekwonu.
What time does every team pick?
There will be 262 picks this year, and the Jaguars have their first pick for the 2nd year in succession. The Jaguars Kansas City ChiefsThe have 12 picks each and are the most drafted with the total. Miami DolphinsAfter trading, they are far the smallest with only four Tyreek Hill last month.
1. Jacksonville Jaguars
2. Detroit Lions
3. Houston Texans
4. New York Jets
5. New York Giants
6. Carolina Panthers
7. New York Giants (via CHI)
8. Atlanta Falcons
9. Seattle Seahawks
10. New York Jets (via SEA)
See the full 262-pick draft order
Which prospects are the best?
Scouts Inc. top 10 prospects:
1. Aidan Hutchinson, DE, MichiganHighlights)
2. Travon WalkerGeorgia (DE),????Highlights)
3. Ikem EkwonuOT, NC StateHighlights)
4. Evan Neal, OT, Alabama (Highlights)
5. Ahmad Gardner, CB, Cincinnati (Highlights)
6. Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State (Highlights)
7. Kayvon Thibodeaux, DE, Oregon (Highlights)
8. Derek Stingley Jr.CB, LSUHighlights)
9. Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame (Highlights)
10. Charles CrossOT, Mississippi StateHighlights)
Scouts Inc. top six quarterbacks:
1. Malik WillisLiberty
2. Kenny PickettPittsburgh
3. Desmond Ridder, Cincinnati
4. Matt CorralOle Miss
5. Sam HowellNorth Carolina
6. Carson Strong, Nevada
These rankings are disputed by our analysts. Here are their final positions and prospects.
• Kiper: Final rankings, top 230 prospects and best at every position
• McShay: Stacking 367 prospects plus position breakdowns
• Reid: Top 365 prospects and final positional rankings
• Miller: Top 300 prospects and final positional rankings
• Legwold: Ranking the top 100 prospects
Now that all the prospects have been ranked, let's examine the top talent players and the risers.
• Legwold: Seven prospects who climbed the boards over the past year
• The 2022 NFL draft's greatest at everything: Most accurate, top route runner, best cover corner and more
The NFL draft's best players
Football OutsidersIt uses metrics to predict how great players will be within their first five years of the NFL.
Are the 2022 quarterbacks able to field an elite QB? What is the ranking of running backs? Which wide receiver in deep will have the greatest impact? Which pass-rusher should be drafted first? These questions and more are answered in the following.
• Running backs
• Wide receivers
What should you expect?
Expect the unexpected. This is the theme of this offseason. Many questions will remain unanswered until Thursday night. 1. When will the first quarterback be removed from the board? Our draft analysts worked hard to gather insight and create mock drafts and final rankings.
The latest draft buzz:
• Last-minute updates on potential Round 1 trades, rising prospects, surprise picks
• Everything Todd McShay is hearing on top prospects, QBs, early picks and team strategies
• Draft buzz notebook, rumors, favorite sleepers: Updates on Willis, Pickett, more
• NFL draft 2022 mailbag: Kiper, McShay answer questions on trades, surprises, deepest positions and more
• Reid's seven round mock draft
• Miller's seven round mock draft
• NFL mock draft 2022 with all trades: Bill Barnwell proposes deals for all 32 picks
McShay, Kiper, and their final mock drafts will be released on Thursday morning. So stay tuned.
What's the outlook for every NFL team?
Each NFL team has its draft board, strategy, and unique positional requirements. How does your favorite team approach Round 1, and beyond?
• Miller and Reid break down all 32 teams' top draft needs
• Football Outsiders' draft guides for all 32 teams
What should I know about betting on the NFL Draft?
You can place a bet on the outcome of the NFL draft. Our ESPN Chalk analysts can help.
• Betting the NFL draft: Tips, tricks and best practices to cash in
• Georgia Bulldogs DE Travon Walker emerges as consensus favorite to be top pick of NFL draft at sportsbooks
• 2022 NFL draft betting market poses challenges for league, bookmakers
Draft Day Predictor
Do you want to know the odds that your team will pick your favorite prospect? Seth Walder, ESPN's analytics team, have created a tool to do just that. It's now publicly available.
ESPN's Draft Day PredictorIt is a statistical tool that generates a range of selection outcomes in the NFL draft. It is based on expert mock drafts as well as Scouts Inc. grades. This tool helps answer questions about how things might turn out. It shows the percentage chance of each prospect being available at each draft slot. This, in turn, leads to a range of possible picks that he might realistically get off the board.
It will be updated on Thursday morning when final mock drafts are received. The draft will then live Thursday night.
Walder: NFL Draft Day Predictor 2022: When could the QBs be drafted? Which teams should trade up? Which prospects are Round 1 sleepers?
Meet some of the 2022's most promising prospects
Read these features to learn more about these top prospects. It's possible that your team might draft someone you don't know.
From ESPN's Stats & Information desk
After quarterbacks went No. 1, No. 1, No. 2 and No. 3 in 2021. This draft could be the first since 2013, and only the second in the last 20 years, that no quarterbacks are selected among the top five. Even if the quarterbacks do not go early, it could be the seventh consecutive year that at least three of the top five quarterbacks are selected in this round. This extends the longest streak in Common Draft history (since 1967).
The first round draft gets the most attention, but a large portion of a team’s roster is built between Days 2 and 3. In 2021, 66% of active players were either drafted in the third round or left undrafted.
Four Georgia defense players could be selected in round one. This would tie Miami (2004) with Florida State (2006) as the highest number of defensive players taken from one school during a draft.
Out of the 55 players who were drafted No. One overall selection, 33 players have multiple Pro Bowl selections; 15 have a first team All-Pro selection, and eight are in The Pro Football Hall of Fame.
How do I participate in the ESPN Draft Challenge
ESPN Draft Challenge allows you to predict the outcome of the draft and earn prizes. Participation is easy and completely free.
Play ESPN Draft Challenge