Trevor Bauer received an unimaginable gift the day before.Major League Baseball will not pay Friday for a violation of its domestic violence policy and sexual assault policy. Indicted the She was accused of repeatedly choking her unconscious without consent during their long-term sexual relationship.
She is the third person to accuse Bauer. Bauer has promised to challenge the suspension in front of Martin Scheinman. Scheinman is the independent arbitrator for baseball and must decide whether Rob Manfred had “justification” to suspend Bauer under the 2015 domestic violence policy.
According to the Post, the woman from Columbus, Ohio said that she was willing to testify at the arbitration hearing.
She said that Bauer, a minor league pitcher for Cleveland's Columbus Clippers, introduced her to Bauer through a dating app. The Post reported that Bauer choked her during sex, without the couple discussing it. She later told him that she was okay with it being choked “to an extent” — before she passed away.
One encounter took place in January 2014. The woman was staying in a Cleveland hotel following the team's fan fest. She told the Post that she fell asleep with Bauer's hands wrapped around her neck. Bauer then woke her up to say she had been shaking on the hotel bed. Although Bauer apologized for breaking their boundaries, the woman claimed that he was often ignoring her warnings and choked her until she became unconscious.
The Post was told by the woman that Bauer would only release her neck if she got “pissed and was like desperately about it”, or if there was a lot of blood in her. According to the woman, Bauer also slapped her and anally penetrated her unconscious while she was asleep.
After an argument in 2019 via text message, the woman claimed that Bauer had not been in touch with her and that she hadn't seen him again.
Bauer declined to speak with the Post. Bauer's representatives stated that he did not deny having a relationship with Columbus woman but denied her “false, defamatory” allegations.
“Any neutral reader would be skeptical of the scores of text messages and compromising photos that this woman sent to Mr. Bauer in the last three years, demanding the very same sex acts she now claims were problematic — with no prior complaint — so it is hard to question her assertions,” read the statement.
Bauer later tweeted a full statementThat said, in part, that “the incidents she described to Washington Post — and especially the one that involved nonconsensual chewing in which she claims that she convulsed and woken on a hotel room floor — absolutely never took place, in any capacity. I never hit her during sex, or any other activity.
According to the Columbus woman, she felt compelled by Bauer's similar accusations that two other women had made about her after Bauer denied them. One of these women was also from Ohio and one was a Columbus resident.In August 2021, Bauer sought temporary protection and Bauer was accused of lying to gain financial gain.
The Columbus woman claimed she attended the Los Angeles restraining order hearing last August. During which a San Diego woman of 27 years testified that Bauer had taken consensual rough sex too far, over the course two encounters in April and May last year, including choke-inducing her unconscious.
According to the Post a conversation was held with MLB attorneys by the Columbus woman shortly after the hearing, when a judge declared that the temporary restraining order against Bauer had been lifted.
This report was contributed by The Associated Press.