EVO has revealed the line-up of games that will be coming to the popular fighting tournament in August. EVO favorites Street Fighter V and Tekken 7 will be returning as expected. But, there will be some new titles.
The complete list is here:
- Street Fighter V: Champion Edition – PS4 (Capcom)
- Guilty Gear-Strive- PS4 – Arc System Works
- Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate – PS4 [Warner Bros. Games]
- TEKKEN 7 – PS4 (Bandai Namco Entertainment)
- THE KING OF FIGHTERS XV – PS4 (SNK)
- MELTY BOOD: TYPE LUMINA – PS4 – Project Lumina
- DRAGON BOWL FighterZ – PS4 – Bandai Namco Entertainment
- Granblue Fantasy Versus – PS4 – Cygames and XSEED
- Skullgirls: 2nd Encore PS4 (Autumn Games).
Rick Thiher, the general manager of EVO 2022, stated that “we are thrilled to present a slate fighting games representing so many genre's player bases for EVO 2022.” There's nothing quite like the energy generated by the global fighting games community at EVO. I'm eager to see what happens when the event series' next chapter begins later this year.
EVO is back after last year's cancellation due to COVID-19 complications. It was created by Tom Cannon. It is one the most well-known fighting game events in the world. Its origins are in tournaments that were held in Northern California during the mid-90s.
This year's lineup is missing Super Smash Bros. Nintendo decided last month not to have any version of the franchise at EVO 2022. This may be due to Sony buying the tournament in 2021.
Fans and players can also attend EVO 2022 at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, August 5-7.
The 2022 Biggest Games
Ryan Dinsdale is an IGN freelancer and occasionally remembers to tweet @thelastdinsdale